Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1 week old

So Georgia Grace is 1 week old today. I can't believe it, this week has flown by so fast. I guess when you don't sleep all the days blur together as one. Georgia has gotten over the hump for jaundice, yay!!! She is doing a little better with the breast feeding, but is still not a good eater. My mom made a joke and said " I never wished this on you". They say you should be feeding for about 15 minutes, our feedings last 1 and 1/2 hours, sometimes 2 and she still doesn't eat the amount she is supposed to be eating. During the day it is not as bad, but it makes it rough during the night. My mom has been here for the past 5 days and has been a BIG help. She will get up in the night with me to help out and has been making wonderful meals for us. I told Robert not to get used to it, life will go back to frozen meals.
Georgia Grace's favorite thing to do is sleep, and poop. Her least favorite thing to do is eat. She loves to cuddle up on my chest for nap time. She will crawl up me and burrow her head in my neck. It is funny because she used to put her head in my rib cage and I joked that she was trying to come out my mouth. She likes to be up near my head.
I get overwhelmed with emotion at times just looking at her.You can't understand how you can love something sooo much so fast. It puts a new perspective on God's love for us. I unconditionally love this little girl with my whole heart and would do anything for her. As she sits here in my lap, I can't help but think how lucky I am to have her.
I have some more pictures and hope to get a cute video soon.

She is wearing the cute gown mom bought her
I wanted to do a picture for every month to see how she is growing.
This is her newborn one.
We are not sure if we will have the cradle the whole time so I am
doing a picture on the lamb too.


My sweet little girl


This lamb is not that big, she is just tiny.

She is wrapped in her bunny towel after a bath.

She likes to hold her hands over her mouth.

Tired mommy and baby.

3 comments:

  1. She's precious!!! And tiny. Keep the photos coming Jules, at least until July when I get to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh Julie! She's sooooo cute and tiny and wonderful!!! Thank you for the post w/ lots of details and pictures!!! Congrats again! Will pray she begins to get the eating bit down!

    ReplyDelete