Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'll cry if I want to!

Heard of the old phrase "don't cry over spilled milk"? Well who ever says that has never uncomfortably pumped for 20 minutes just to have their milk spill all over the counter. It is definitely worth crying over. That is precious food for my baby, and I worked hard to get it out.
I have been pumping a lot and bottle feeding Georgia Grace to help get her weight up. I went and weighed her today and she was officially back up to birth weight. I am still going to use a lot of bottles for now so she doesn't lose anymore weight. I have an apt. on Monday with a lactation nurse to help me. Pray for us. I am determined this is going to work.

2 comments:

  1. We will be praying. Dawson took a little while to get back up to his birth weight and then continue gaining weight beyond that. It seems silly now, but I was feeding him with a medicine dropper...like a baby bird. Silly boy. After a little while...a rough little while, things got better...he quickly started gaining weight (and hasn't stopped) and we got to stop with the dropper. It is rough, I know. You've got determination so I know you can do it! These little ones come out stubborn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl i know how you feel. i have spilled that before too and just cried cried cried. my mil calls it liquid gold. :)
    praying all will go well

    ReplyDelete