Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Welcome Georgia!!!

Georgia Grace arrived on January 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm. She was 6 lbs 1 oz and 18 1/2 inches long. She is a tiny little girl. She has blue eyes and a lot of dark hair right now. She has a very sweet personality so far. We are loving every minute of parenthood. We can only upload pictures from our phone right now, so more pictures to come when we get home.
Georgia's birthing process started on 1/24 at 6:20 pm. They started me on medication to start the process and the contractions started right away. I did not increase my dilation until 7:00 am when they started the pitocin. Once that started, the contractions increased dramatically. My doctor really wanted to break my water. I put her off for about 2 hours. Once she broke it, the contractions got significantly worse, and I decided to ask for the epidural. BEST DECISION! I originally did not want to get one, but I decided that it was better for me to enjoy the birthing process than to try to tough it out. From that point on, the deliver went easy. I went from 5 centimeters to 10 in an hour and a half. It didn't take many pushes to get her out and the last final push she came out all at once. The doctor had to catch her because she came so fast and with such force.  She said it was not what she was used to. Good for me, bad for Georgia. She ended up swallowing extra fluid because of it, but she is doing fine now.

Minutes after birth!!



Will try to post more pictures soon.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! She has Roberts mouth!! She is precious! I'll call in the next day or so. I'm sure your exhausted. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah for georgia
    yeah for julie
    yeah for robert
    we love you guys

    ReplyDelete