Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Keeping with tradition, we went to the lake for Memorial day weekend. I used to always get a group of friends together and go down for the whole weekend. My life has changed with our new addition, and we just spent the weekend with the family.
We spent the weekend relaxing, boating, going to Hammers, and going to the dam. Georgia Grace loved the boat. When I say loved the boat I mean she fell asleep as soon as we got on it. She would stay asleep the entire time too. I do not know how someone could sleep in an uncomfortable life vest, but I guess she liked the vibration of the boat.
The last time Georgia Grace saw my parents, they watched for a night so we could go to a wedding. She cried most of the time she was with them, not wanting them to hold her. This time she was much better, allowing both of them to get some special cuddle time and gave lots of smiles and giggles. Mom kept saying she was a different baby. I hope this happy streak continues.

What a cutie




She looks so miserable in the life vest



Mommy and georgia



Georgia driving the boat with daddy



Georgia and Gigi


Georgia and Bopa



We were cruising in the boat and Robert almost hit something. It dove down in the water so we knew it was an animal. We turned around and saw a beaver. I have been coming to this lake for 17 years and have never seen a beaver in it. It was pretty neat. Every stick we saw in the water there after was a beaver to Robert.



Family at the lake :)


3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, those pictures of Georgia in the chair are so precious! And great family photo at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgia looks so sweet sitting up in the chair in front of the lake. so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the beaver looks like an alligator. georgia looks adorable in her bathing suit. it seems like a very eventful weeend at the lake.

    ReplyDelete