Monday, June 27, 2011

5 months

Every time I sit down to do another monthly update on Georgia Grace I can't believe that she is another month older. Time is flying by and I don't feel like I am getting to fully enjoy it. We have stayed so busy this past month with at least 1 thing a day and sometimes 3 activities in a day. It is tiring me out and I know Georgia misses out play time at home. This is the first time that I have not had a doctor's apt to know how much she weighs. She weighs about 13lbs give or take a few ounces. She is still in size one disposable diapers. She is all over the place in clothing size. She is so long that she needs to wear 6 months PJ's, but is so skinny that she fits in 0-3 month dresses.
Georgia Grace is only getting breast milk for now since she doesn't seem to be able to handle solid food. She still eats about every 3 hours. She is getting better with naps and will take 2 long naps if I am home and let her, which is not normal. She has just started waking up again during the nights. Last night she decided that 3:30 was the time to wake up and play. Let me just say that I am not the most fun person to play with at 3:30 in the morning, especially when I was woken up once every hour before that.
Developmentally Georgia is so close to sitting up by herself. She has been able to sit up for 30 seconds or so and use her hands to balance for a couple of weeks. She can roll over from tummy to back in cloth diapers now with no trouble and is also close to rolling over from back to tummy, but I don't see it happening too soon. Georgia Grace does not like to be on her tummy so I don't know why she would want to roll on it. We are not sure if she is teething or not, but is sure acting like it. She is a very happy baby for me and loves to sing and dance.
This month has been very busy with her first trip to the lake, getting baptized, vacation bible school, and lots of parties. We are almost never at home. My poor baby will never have a schedule.
Georgia loves to be held by mommy of course and her favorite song is The wheels on the bus.
She still has all the same little nicknames: Princess, sweetpea, missy, little bit, and little girl.
She was the only little girl in the baby room during VBS and all the workers loved to see what dress and bow I was going to put on her. They would tell me that all the little boys would stare at her. She is already capturing their hearts :)
Georgia Grace loves to suck her fingers. She can usually get her whole hand in there with a few fingers from the other hand too(I will try to get a picture). The weird thing is that she wants me to suck them too. She sticks them in my mouth and wants me to suck them. My friends from church laughed because they have seen Georgia with her whole hand in her mouth and then looked over and saw her hand in my mouth. She has also expanded her verbal skills.  She has started using the "G" sound in her talking. It is so cute. She loves when I talk to her in baby talk. I just wonder what she thinks I am saying. Georgia gets real tears very fast. It always fools other people because most kids don't get tears. She is just a drama queen already. Lately she has been popping her jaw. It creeps me out when she does it. I hope it stops and doesn't cause problems later on or she will be a teeth grinder like me.
















Finally bigger than Tiny Baby

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my sweet, beautiful, happy goddaughter - stop growing up so fast! Love her to pieces!

    ReplyDelete