Friday, June 17, 2011

Baptism

This past Sunday(6/12/11) we had Georgia baptized. I always said that I was not going to baptize my kids because I believe it is a choice that you are supposed to make to God. I still believe that, but knew how important it was to our families to have our kids baptized. We will do something special when our kids decide that they want to worship God.
Our families came down for the special day. My mom worked really and I mean really hard on making Georgia Grace's dress and bonnet. They were made out of my Great Grandmother's slip from her wedding dress. They were so beautiful. It was special for my mom to get to make the dress and out of special fabric and special for me that my daughter got to wear it. Thanks mom for all of your hard work.


Here is the beautiful girl in her beautiful dress
She loves it!!!


You can't see the detail, but it is so pretty


The bonnet


Georgia, mom, and me. This is the dress that she wore to the Church. It is the dress that my mom and I were baptized in.


Alan baptizing her. He is our favorite pastor, don't tell the others.


The proud parents


Hunter, Blakeley, me, Robert, and Georgia Grace.

These are her Godparents.

Thank you Hunter and Blakeley for being a part of this special day and for being a part of Georgia's life

Robert's Family. They came 5 hours for one day.

Parker, Peyton, me, Georgia, Robert, Jennifer, and Carolyn


The whole Family


My Family

Robert, Jeannie, Me, Georgia, and Robert

Yes my husband and dad have the same name

On the way home we decided not to put clothes on Georgia because we wanted more pictures of her in the gown and didn't want to make her too mad with all the changing of outfits. She looks so cute and naked here. She has a diaper on but you can't see it.


Me with my godson, Jude and Blakeley with her goddaughter Georgia


Georgia with her boyfriend Jasper.

We joked that this would play at their slide show at their wedding


These next few pictures are of the lunch tables and spread





We had a yogurt parfait so I had something to eat.


This is the cake I made. Luckily I took a picture before I put the lid on it. The cake was too tall and I smashed it. Owell, it still tasted good.



This was a very special day for us and our little girl. Thank you for everyone who was a part of this.

Georgia Grace we love you so much

1 comment:

  1. such a special day
    love your name picture in your house. i want one like that for our house

    ReplyDelete