Thursday, May 19, 2011

Best Holiday

My first Mother's Day, was very special. Georgia Grace decided that she wanted to spend even more time with me and woke up 3 times before church and was extra clingy. She must have known that it was a day to show your mom how much you love her, because she did. I try to never look at her waking up early or making me hold her as a bad thing. I look and her and think how lucky I am to have a beautiful daughter and enjoy every moment with her.
Robert made the day special by giving me a picture frame engraved with "First Mother's Day", "Mommy and Me",'Julie and Georgia". He put a cute picture of the two of us in it. He also got me a heart necklace with her birthstone in it, but I told him to save it for a mother's necklace once we are done having kids. The day was really nice because we spent the whole day together. Robert usually does housework on the weekends, but took the day off to spend time with us.
We went on a walk, where Georgia wanted me to carry her instead of pushing her in the stroller and out to dinner, where she had me stand and rock her while I tried to eat. She just wanted to show me over and over again that she loves me, and I love it.
It was truly a special day that made me stop and really appreciate how much I love being a mom. Happy belated Mother's day to all my mommy friends.







No comments:

Post a Comment