Thursday, October 13, 2011

Surprise

Last Thursday Georgia and I went up to Brentwood to surprise my friend Natalie. She is the new choir director at our old high school. This is a really big deal and we are all so proud of her. She had her first concert on Thursday night and a few of us decided to go and surprise her. It was so neat to see her in action and all the kids loving on her afterwards.
There were 4 girls, not including Georgia, and Natalie's husband that went. All four of us girls were in choir. We did not have as good of a relationship with the old director as Natalie did. Actually on the first day of school, my freshman year. Mrs. Clark said, "Oh no, not another Vraciu." Let me tell you the next few years did not go so well. With all that said, I now tell you that 2 minutes before the show started, who else but Mrs. Clark walked in and sat directly in front of me. We all looked at each other and didn't know what to say. She didn't notice us. After the show was over we stood around to wait for Natalie, but stood there for what felt like and eternity debating on whether or not we were supposed to say hi. We finally decided to say hi as we were walking out the door. Awkward!!!
After the show we decided to walk around the high school and see what all changed. It was so funny. They have a Wii and flat screen TVs in the cafeteria. We had a book store in high school, but it didn't sell books it only sold candy. Now it doesn't sell candy but only books. As we walked by the Library, which was updated, one of the girls said, " We didn't have a library." We did, obviously she never used it. Benefits of growing up in technological world, where you can search the internet for information rather than books. It was so much fun to reminisce. We wrote one teacher a note and another friend a note and slipped them under their doors.
After we all talked for a while I had to hurry home since it was way past Georgia's bedtime. I put her to bed and sat around and talked with my parents. My dad went to bed and my mom stayed up with me. She wouldn't let me leave and said we were going to stay up all night watching TV. Finally at 11 I said I was going to get ready for bed. She made me promise that I would come back down. When I came back she told me I could go to bed. It was so weird.
The next morning I came downstairs tired from staying up and went to complain to dad about what mom made me do. As I walked into the kitchen I saw my dad at the table with my brother Brian. He had come in town for work and decided to stay a few extra days to surprise me for my birthday, and to play with Georgia. It was so special. That night we celebrated my dad's and my birthdays. My Grandmother come over and we all had a great time.
Here is a video of Uncle Brian playing peek-a-boo with Georgia
The rest are videos from around the house. Georgia geta camera shy. She laughs so hard and then when you pull out the camera she stops.
This is the ottoman in her room, excuse the mess. She loves to play on it. Normally she squeals a lot.
Singing If your happy and you know it
She has started to do the cutest thing with her eyes. She closes them and smiles at you.

1 comment:

  1. She is getting so big and cute :) Thanks so much for coming Julie; it was so fun and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete