Sunday, August 7, 2011

High School Reunion

Last weekend I had my 10 year high school reunion. I can't believe that it has been 10 years, but it has been a great 10 years. I have kept many wonderful friendships over the years, met many more wonderful friends. met and married my best friend, had a beautiful baby girl, loved and laughed a lot. God is so great and has blessed me so much during my life. I was really looking forward to the reunion. Robert did not want to go because he says every time we go back to Brentwood it is a reunion anyways. I was excited to see all the people that I had lost touch with over the years. For most people it wasn't as exciting because they have kept in touch with (stalked) people of facebook. I rarely get on, so I don't know many people's updates. Friday night some of us went to a friends house and had a warm up reunion. It was fun to hang out and look at year books trying to remember people. I am so glad that we did that because I barely talked to my friends at the reunion. My friends also informed me that I had to get a better dress than the one I was going to wear, so Robert and I went shopping on Saturday. We also relaxed (Robert slept, I couldn't because someone has to feed Georgia) since we didn't get home until 2 from Sarah's house. I am just not used to staying out that late anymore. Bedtime comes early around the McInnis house.
Saturday was a big day for Georgia Grace because she got to meet her Mimi (my grandmother) for the first time. This was very special for me. I love my grandmother sooooo much and it meant a lot to me that she got to hold Georgia. She just moved to Nashville so she will hopefully get to see Georgia Grace a lot more.
Saturday night rolled around and I started to get nervous. Robert was laughing at me and the way I was acting, getting excited to see people. We were one of the first people there, no surprise since I hate being late. I had fun talking to people I hadn't seen in 10 years and hearing about their lives. Most of the people that came live in the Nashville area. It is amazing how many people from my graduating class married each other. I did not take many pictures :( but here are a few. They are in the wrong order too, sorry.


Robert, me, Phillip, and Taylor

Phillip and I have known each other for 23 years and always lived 2 streets away (Aubrie too). We all carpooled to kindergarten.
Lindsay, Sarah, and me
Lindsay is moving to Paris in a few weeks, how exciting and Sarah is pregnant with her second.


Jenna, Mary, and me

Mary just got married and moved to Miami.

Jenna, I luckily get to see when I go home. I love living close to home and getting to see friends.


Me, Sarah, Sarah, Meagan, and Aubrie



Me and my wonderful husband. Thank you for going with me and being such a good sport spending the evening with people you don't know and making small talk.
They only had name tags for the people I went to school with. Robert went and made a name tag for himself. A girl, who had a little too much to drink, came up to him, put her arm around him and said, "Robert Mcinnis, I don't remember you". It was a fun night.


Georgia Grace and Mimi


Lindsay finally got to meet Georgia


Meagan finally got to meet Georgia too



I had so much fun last weekend. Thanks for a great reunion class of 2001!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment