Wednesday, August 31, 2011

7 months

Georgia Grace is now closer to 1 than a newborn. I am so sad and happy at the same time. She is getting more and more fun with each passing day, but that means I am losing my baby. I love seeing all the new things she can do development wise, but get sad that she is growing up. Over the past month Georgia has become much easier with caring for her. Other people have been able to hold her more and watch her. It makes life easier for me and more fun for other people to get to play with her.
Georgia has had a big month with going on an airplane for the first time and traveling up the coast of California. Even though she will never remember this trip, she did a lot of tourist stuff in California and met a lot of family for the first time. I do not know Georgia's height or weight. She seems bigger to me and has appeared to grow out of some of her clothes. People no longer comment on her being a tiny baby.
Georgia is very busy playing all the time. She loves her exersaucers. One bounces as she plays and the other stands still, but has more toys she can play with. We rotate them during the day. She loves to sit up and play on the floor and to roll all over the place. She is doing a lot of reaching for toys which is what will probably prompt her to start crawling soon. She can move backwards on her tummy, but not forwards and rarely gets up on all fours yet. Georgia's favorite toy is Wally the water bottle and her favorite song is Patty Cake. She still loves other babies and animals.
Georgia is still using the potty, even after being away for 2 weeks. She even held her poop for a day for us to get back home. I love it, less to clean up!!
Georgia is still waking up during the night but I just let her cry it out for a few minutes and she is back asleep. She is waking up at 6 in the morning, but goes right back to sleep. She does not like to take naps and wakes up during them. We are working on trying to get a long nap in the afternoon.
Georgia is still having a lot of trouble eating. She wants to eat real food, puffs, goldfish, cheerios. We are working on getting her to eat baby food. I will try everything I can. It appears that she is getting my eating habits and my talking habits. Georgia Grace is talking up a storm. She is always babbling and playing with new sounds. Her inflections and intonations make it sound like she is really talking with you. She will go on long rants like she is telling you a story. I will try to get a video of it but it is hard. Anytime we pull out the camera she stops and smiles. My cousins laughed that she new how to smile. You can tell I take a lot of pictures of her.
I am surprised on how many people come up to babies and play with them, especially older men. I always went and talked to babies, but I know I am obsessed with them. We always have so many people come up to Georgia and so many men. One lady left playing with her grand kids to come and play with her. I am glad that I am not the only crazy one. I just wish people wouldn't touch her. I don't want her to get sick.
I love this picture because she closes her eyes. She gets a big grin and closes her eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment