Saturday, July 30, 2011

6th months

Wow, 6 months have flown by. When I was in school, I always wanted time to fly by and for me to be one semester closer to graduation. Now that I have a sweet little baby, I want time to stand still. The only nice thing about time continuing to move on it that Georgia Grace continues to get more fun as the days go on. This past month has been very busy with 2 big trips, one to Mississippi and one to Florida.
Georgia weighs 13 lbs 6 ounces(15%), is 75% for height and 50% for head. Her weight has dropped a bit due to trying solid foods. Georgia does not like eating solid foods and does not nurse well after I try solid foods. She is still having a reaction to the rice cereal so we will be skipping that. I am not surprised that I would have a child with feeding issues. I just hope it mellows out a bit and she at least enjoys eating some kind of food.
Georgia has become very active this last month. She is now rolling over both ways. The first night she figured this out she just kept rolling right out the door. She loves to sit up and play with toys. She also loves her exersaucer where she can now turn herself around in it. She is a pro with most of the toys on it. The other night she was laying on the floor trying to get a toy to spin, but her hands were busy. She lifted up her foot and started to make it go. It was the funniest thing.
I don't think we will ever have a good routine for naps, but she seems to go with the flow. She started waking back up during the night. Sometimes I let her cry it out and others I get up and feed her. She started doing this during our Florida trip, I think because she could smell me.
Georgia is getting so much more playful and loves other babies. She loves her friend Autumn and her new BFF Molly who was born July 1. Molly came over the other day and Georgia just smiles and stares at her. She still loves singing and practicing her sounds. She laughs at me and Zoey. He attention span is about 10 minutes. She will play happily and then the cry starts out of nowhere. She still loves to be held, but is getting a little less clingy. She is what I call potty broken which I will explain in another post.
Georgia, we love you so much and can't believe how fast you are growing up. You are going to be such a special little girl.




















No comments:

Post a Comment