Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Georgia's 1st birthday Party

We celebrated Georgia's birthday the weekend before her birthday. Robert's mom, my parent's and my Grandma came in town to help celebrate. We had a few close friends come over to help celebrate too. We did a rainbow theme. I debated for a long time trying to figure out what theme I wanted to do. I originally wanted to do a Care Bear theme because I thought it was my first birthday theme. I then switched to just pink, and then to cheerios. I finally settled on rainbow. When my mom came down the day before the party, she told me she came across a picture from my first birthday and it was a rainbow party too.  How funny. Everything turned out just perfect and Georgia had so much fun with her family and friends. She got lots of great toys and has enjoyed playing with them over and over again. Finally, what you really want to see... PICTURES!!


 Georgia's special highchair. She loved the balloons.
 The food table. I tried to make everything that I could be rainbow.
 Rainbow candy, rainbow cake, cupcakes with rainbows on top, rainbow fruit kabobs, all different colored chips, rainbow goldfish, and rainbow shaped PB&J sandwiched for the kids.

 Georgia's outfit
 We match!!!
 I would say Georgia was playing with her friends, but at this point the kids were hungry and really wanted to eat so they are all sharing a snack.
 Birthday girl in her special chair
 Playing with mimi
 The kids were having fun playing in the wrapping paper. Note to self, don't buy gifts, just wrap boxes and they will play with the boxes and paper.
 Family picture with the cake.

Georgia waiting for her cake.
 She did not smash the cake. She daintily touched the icing and licked it off
This is the messiest she got
This is a picture from my first birthday. Can you believe my mom let me stand in my high chair. Its so funny that our cakes look so similar and I didn't even know

3 comments:

  1. This was such a fun, creative birthday party and was perfect for Georgia! Now I can't wait to see what you come up with for her 2nd birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it. looks like it was lots of fun. wish we could have been there. hopefully we can make it to her 2nd one. :) love that your 1st bday cake and her's was so much the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgia's 1st birthday Party looks wonderful. The arrangements for this party are simple but so elegant. I truly love simple parties. On my 20th birthday I threw a family dinner party at my favorite indoor event venue. The ambience of that spot is wonderful so I usually hang out over there.

    ReplyDelete